Friday, 8 April 2011

All Good Things Must Come to an End


I am sad to say that tonight is my last night travelling, and so this will be my final blog. I am, however, really looking forward to getting home and seeing everyone.

Taken from Gili Trawangan - Lombok is the land in the background
The beautiful beach
We ended up spending 6 nights on Gili Trawangan because we enjoyed it so much. It was so peaceful during the day, but lots of bars etc at night to keep us entertained. They also had an outdoor cinema, and little shacks just off the beach where you can watch a DVD of your choice so there was plenty to do in the evenings. As you can see from the photos, the beach was gorgeous, so we just didn't want to leave! We were mostly lucky with the weather, despite the constant lightening throughout the night (although one night I think I had had too much cheese before bed and I'm pretty sure the flashing was in my head...bit worrying). On Monday it poured with rain all morning, but cleared up again after lunch which was good.

Me with one of the sweet little ponies and cart     

Our accommodation on Gili Trawangan with huge open air bathroom, just a few steps away from the beach

On Wednesday we got the boat back to Padangbai, then the bus to Kuta. We haven't done much back in Kuta, just relaxing and enjoying our last few days. Although, you seem to be luckier with the weather at home by the sounds of it! We have had rain almost all day today, and yesterday morning! Luckily it is still very warm, but I'm quite bored of it now. Hopefully for our last day tomorrow, the weather will be nice. Our flight isn't until tomorrow evening at 10.40pm, and we have a nice long journey - 1 stop in Singapore, then a 7 hour wait in Doha, the finally landing at Heathrow at about 6pm on Sunday. It's going to be painful! Can't wait to get back though =)

Thank you for reading my blog, I'm so pleased to hear lots of people have been enjoying it =). Sorry that this last one is probably the least exciting - we haven't done much for the last 2 weeks!

Can't believe it's all over! Lots more stories to tell when I get home I'm sure.

See you all soon

Love Eleanor xx



1 comment:

  1. sounds like you have had a relaxing 2 weeks then, what a good way to end your trip. We are looking forward to your return, and I will be checking the flight times so neither of us have to hang around at heathrow!! see you tomorrow! :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete